Competition Terms & Conditions
COMPETITION TO WIN A VISIT FROM UBERCORN TO YOUR SCHOOL
- As part of the Go Jetters Schools Initiative, every class has the chance to enter a competition to win a school visit from Ubercorn (“Competition”).
- The whole class is tasked with working together to design a new local landmark. It’s entirely up to you and your pupils how you wish to do this – it can be drawn, painted or made as a collage or junk model.
- Teachers will be required to take a photograph of the final design and email it to GoJetters@PlaytimePR.com before 29 March 2018 together with the class’s answer to the following tie-break question: In no more than 100 words, please tell us why this new local landmark is important for your local area and why the Go Jetters should save your local landmark from Grandmaster Glitch.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of 3 (three) judges consisting of 2 (two) members of BBCW staff and 1 (one) member of Playtime PR staff who work on the Go Jetters Schools Initiative. We will judge the entries based on the creativity displayed in creating the local landmark and your class’ explanation of why the landmark is important.
- All entries must be the original work of the Year 1 class and must not contravene the rights of third parties. By entering the Competition, the Teacher (on behalf of him/herself and the class) grants to BBCW a perpetual, sub-licensable, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use the work for all purposes connected with the Competition and promotion of Go Jetters, including but not limited to post-promotion publicity and the right to display the entry on its website(s), Go Jetters websites and/or in other materials.
- The judges’ decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Ubercorn will visit the winning school for a maximum of 3 (three) hours on a date to be agreed between BBCW and the Teacher but before 15 July 2018 (“the Prize”).
- There is no cash alternative and the Prize will not be transferable. The Prize must be taken as stated. BBCW accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the Prize and not specifically included/stated. If the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, BBCW reserves the right to substitute the Prize for another prize of equal or greater value.
- The name and county of residence of the winning class may be obtained by sending a self addressed envelope to BBCW within 2 (two) months of the closing date of the Competition.
- Any promotional activity or press release any winner makes in relation to the Competition must be pre-approved by BBCW in writing.
- BBCW excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant or any member of the class arising from his or her entry into the Competition or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a pack or prize.
- The BBC Code of Conduct (the “Code”) for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode and all BBCW competitions comply with the Code.
- By entering this competition, the Teacher agrees:
- to be bound by these Terms and Conditions;
- that their school name and images (including shots of children) may be used by BBCW for pre-arranged promotional purposes (subject to approval) if they win the visit from Ubercorn.
- Where you have provided consent, BBCW or Playtime PR Ltd may send you marketing messages on a regular basis. You may unsubscribe from these at any time.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified
- BBCW reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the Competition or the Prize at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The Competition is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- Promoter: BBC Worldwide Limited, 1 Television Centre, 101 Wood Lane, London W12 7FA